It has been a while since I’ve done a blog, and one or two things have happened since then!


Firstly, I am now a Mrs! Which is very exciting in it’s self. 7th August Andy finally made an honest woman out of me and we’ve been Husband and Wife nearly two months. Which is lovely! Life is just as it was, and everything is perfect. I’m very happy to be with him. 


The wedding it’s self was a beautiful ceremony, we had a pagan handfasting as I had wanted. Of course the day it’s self wasn’t without hiccups, what with a few days before we thought our celebrant was going to end up cancelling, my mum’s dress fell apart on the day and the big one – it rained! Never mind, it’s lucky apparently…Everything else went to plan and I don’t think I could of asked for anything different. 


Afterwards we went to the Lake District for a week. We went walking, boated around the lake and ate a plethora of lovely food. No wonder I’ve put so much weight on…only draw back was I came down with a cold, and I did burst into tears in fear while I tried to tackle Go Ape! Not my cup of tea I’m afraid to say, but I tried. And I think that’s the important bit. I loved it, and I do really want to go back :)


So I came back and ended up back in the standard run of the mill routine of things. And I wanted more.


I had signed up to a Open University Open Day thing at Millennium Point in Birmingham and I sat and talked about what I wanted to do in the long run. So I went home with a pack and prospectus and looked through the forms and courses, talked with Andy and decided I was going to sign up to a Openings Course, to see if I was ready to get back into Education. So the forms are long gone, and although I haven’t heard anything yet (this is due to a huge number of applications for various things) I’m hopefully starting that in November. Which is very exciting!!


The other new thing I’ve started to do is a pagan discussion group. I’ve been a member of the Children of Artemis online forum for a long time, and I’ve been a full time member before (and hope to renew this also…). They started a community on Second Life a few years ago and I’ve been a member on and off for a while. I’ve been more active of late but I was getting more annoyed with the lack of courses at sensible times for those in the UK. Someone suggested I started my own, which was a very silly idea to me. There isn’t a single topic I’d feel comfortable talking about in front of people in an educational way. So I decided I’d do a discussion group. I’ve done two sessions so far and I’ve loved it. I’ve had fairly good responses and good feedback so far, and I’m looking forward to my next session next week. I’ve also considered doing a course on crystals as I don’t believe there has been one on there before, but it is something I’m going to have to consider seriously at some point I think.


Since the wedding I’ve felt more comfortable in my life, I guess it’s because the huge stress has now gone and I feel like I actually have time to do things, such as go and see friends. I have felt down since the wedding too, largely due to lack of things to look forward to in the near future. It got to me, it really did and I know it might be a little while before I get over it properly. I think when you have built up to something so huge for such a long time it’s natural to feel lost for a while after. I have got  things to look forward to, huge events in November I am really looking forward to including my course starting. I’m seeing friends in a week I haven’t seen in months and I need to realise that the world hasn’t ended. I have a wonderful husband and my life isn’t totally crap. I have so much to look forward to and things are going to get better – even if they end up getting worse before (so many work based issues it’s not true…)


Next thing I’m going to work on is a magazine article for COA’s Witchcraft and Wicca Magazine, I’ve asked the lovely Tylluan Penry to help and she’s has agreed and thinks it’s lovely. So I am looking forward to that collaborative effort :)


I do hope I’m going to update this a bit more frequently now the stress of the wedding is out the way. I know I might fall by the way side when I start my course and what have you but I’m certainly going to try to keep on top of it :)